Inspired by Claudia&Doug’s recent posts (here, here and here) about Transfagarasan I decided to search through the pictures we took last summer. Here’s some of them (click on the pictures for larger versions):
- nice waterfall, we could see it from a far distance
- the asphalt was good and we loved the turns
- the small blue thingy is a helicopter flying at lower altitude than the road
- another picture of the chopper
- lots of springs and waterfalls
- yes, donkeys, not such an uncommon thing to see on Romanian roads but still we couldn’t stop laughing
- about to enter a cloud, last good pictures taken
- the road had lots of sharp turns
We took almost no pictures at Balea because we were in the middle of a cloud and visibility was down to a couple of meters. We were about to fall in the lake while trying to get to it; luckily we heard the sound of some spring pouring into the lake.
We did take some pictures at Vidraru dam:
- doesn’t seem that a big distance, does it? Well, I tell you it is! BTW: I’m an acrophobic!
- the lake was at it’s highest level I’ve ever seen
- Scary? Or just awesome?
Here are some links if you’re interested in more information:
Transfagarasan Photo Gallery